March 31, 2022 FIND OUT HOW MYR GROUP IS PURSUING SUSTAINABILITY
2021 SUSTAINABILITY REPORT EXAMINES OUR COMPANY’S ESG INIATIVES AND GOALS
MYR Group believes in operating sustainably and pursuing continuous improvement of our environmental, social and governance (ESG) efforts.
“We are committed to investing in our employees, operating sustainably, and continuing to serve as a strong partner for our clients in the clean energy transformation,” MYR Group President and CEO Rick Swartz said.
As its guiding framework, MYR Group uses a parts-to-whole relationship between environmental stewardship, social sustainability, and corporate governance, all surrounded by a safety-first culture – one of our core values as a company.
Safety is a state of mind, ingrained in our attitudes, values, goals, and behaviors. In 2021, the company had lower recordable incident, lost time, and fatality rates than the industry average. Additionally, six of our subsidiaries earned safety excellence awards from the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA), and five earned zero-injury awards.
Here are some highlights from our 2021 Sustainability Report:
- Our subsidiaries worked on more than 100 renewable energy projects, including maintenance work on renewable facilities.
- We calculated our scope 1 greenhouse gas emissions for the year and set an intensity-based reduction goal in CO2 equivalents of 15% by 2032.
- We are focused on identifying and reducing environmental impacts during construction and have adopted various green initiatives in our offices.
- We are focused on developing recruitment practices and building new partnerships designed to further diversify our workforce.
- Our employees participated in more than 43,500 hours of safety related training, in addition to other learning, leadership, and professional development opportunities.
- Through charitable giving, volunteerism, pro-bono electrical construction, and local partnerships we give back to the communities in which we live and work. From 2019 through 2021, our company and its subsidiaries donated upwards of $1.5 million to charities and gave back through more than 10,000 volunteer hours.
- We maintained Institutional Shareholder Services’ highest rating for governance practices.
- We continued to value diversity on our Board of Directors because we believe it is essential to creating long-term value for shareholders.
- Our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics is applied to all directors, officers and employees and promotes ethical conduct in compliance with applicable laws, rules, and regulations.